Agri Innovation Center
Project of the Center for Innovation and Knowledge Transfer in Agribusiness will pursue a number of initiatives aimed at creating conditions for the University to transfer the science into business.
The main objectives:
- To strengthen the competences of the science sector in project management and commercialization of scientific research
- Acquisition of the abilities to establish and develop cooperation with business
- To implement of IT solutions to improve the process flow of information on R&D (for example e-learning platform).
- To increase awareness of the role of effective management of research and its results among participants involved in the implementation of R&D and general public
- To increase the level of the knowledge about how to raise funds such as European funding for R&D projects.
- To learn how to use modern IT tools in management of scientific research
- To expand the knowledge of academics in R&D sector on the commercialization of research.
- To expand the knowledge of academics in R&D sector on issues of intellectual property protection.
A result of the project is to create a Center for Innovation and Knowledge Transfer in Agribusiness, which mission is to promote the intellectual and technical potential of Warsaw University of Life Sciences in agribusiness sector and in the the national economy.
The Center's activities will be based on three pillars:
- Promotion of knowledge - the use of intellectual resources of Warsaw University of Life Sciences
- Support of innovation - the development based on new technologies, research methods and market implementation of products and services, support for the academic entrepreneurship.
- Cooperation with business - implementation of the results of the science, stimulating faster economic growth with the support of science.
One of the possible forms of cooperation between university and industry is the implementation of the research projects, commissioned by companies or participating in joint research and development projects.
Proposed by the Center for Innovation and Knowledge Transfer in Agribusiness, trainings and consultations will aim at providing into academics and entrepreneurs all the necessary competences for the effective implementation of innovative projects and solutions. Their effect will be related also to the development of cooperation between entrepreneurs and scientists.
The project will pursue the following actions:
- Development of IT tools for the promotion of scientific offer of the Warsaw University of Life Sciences , including:
- preparation of an online database of technological and service offers at Warsaw University of Life Sciences – SGGW in Warsaw,
- preparation of an online database of experts of Warsaw University of Life Sciences -SGGW in Warsaw
- information about the opportunities and benefits of the database which promote the scientific offer of Warsaw University of Life Sciences – SGGW in Warsaw;
The establishment of the Center for Innovation and Knowledge Transfer in Agribusiness which will promote the commercialization of scientific research results, including:
- development of the mission, objectives and action areas, establishment of working groups
- development of the strategy for the use of tools for effective action in the field of collaboration between university and economy, and also management of intellectual property (which information and which distribution channels - Internet, trainings, newsletters, portals, advertising);
- training sessions for researchers at Warsaw University of Life Sciences – SGGW in Warsaw;
- Staff training and developing the working tools of the Center for Innovation and Knowledge Transfer in Agribusiness, including:
- trainings for academic staff of the Center for Innovation and Knowledge Transfer in Agribusiness;
- newsletter of the Center for Innovation and Knowledge Transfer in Agribusiness ( 4 issue numbers);
- launching an online service of the Center for Innovation and Knowledge Transfer in Agribusiness;
- development of the logo and visual identification system of the Center for Innovation and Knowledge Transfer in Agribusiness;
- Preliminary study of the possibility of creating a Cluster of Innovation in Agribusiness acting as a technology park:
- organizing a series of four meetings;
- preparing an expertise about the demand for the Mazovia region for the creation of companies operating in the area of innovation in agribusiness.
In order to implement the project activities the three teams will be established, such as:
- Innovation Team (commercialization of research results, transfer of knowledge from universities to companies)
- Promotion and Education Team (Promotion of academic entrepreneurship, education for entrepreneurship, communication)
- Structural Funds Team (Structural Funds: support, monitoring, information)
The tasks involved in the project will bring together the academic staff at Warsaw University of Life Sciences. Academic stuff will be selected on the basis of the scientific achievements in the field related to the subject of the project. In areas beyond the competences of employees from the University of Life Sciences it is expected to cooperate with external parties, chosen according to the principles of public procurement law.