The Project under the programme of “Creator of Innovation – the Support of the Innovative Academic Entrepreneurship” aims at creating conditions for the University to provide services regarding the transfer and commercialization of knowledge from the Warsaw University of Life Sciences into the economy and the promotion of academic entrepreneurship among staff and students of the University.
- To strengthen the competences of the science sector in project management and commercialization of scientific research
- Acquisition of the abilities to establish and develop cooperation with business
- To implement of IT solutions to improve the process flow of information on R&D (for example e-learning platform).
- To increase awareness of the role of effective management of research and its results among participants involved in the implementation of R&D and general public
- To increase the level of the knowledge about how to raise funds such as European funding for R&D projects.
- To learn how to use modern IT tools in management of scientific research
- To expand the knowledge of academics in R&D sector on the commercialization of research.
- To expand the knowledge of academics in R&D sector on issues of intellectual property protection.
A result of the project is to create a Center for Innovation and Knowledge Transfer in Agribusiness, which mission is to promote the intellectual and technological potential of Warsaw University of Life Sciences in agribusiness sector and in the national economy.
The Center's activities will be based on three pillars:
- Experts Database – promotion of intellectual facilities of Warsaw University of Life Sciences - SGGW
- Innovations’ support – a development based on new technologies
- Cooperation of Science and Business – Business and Science have never been so close
One of the possible forms of cooperation between university and industry is the implementation of the research projects, commissioned by companies or participating in joint research and development projects.
Proposed by the Center for Innovation and Knowledge Transfer in Agribusiness, trainings and consultations will aim at providing into academics and entrepreneurs all the necessary competences for the effective implementation of innovative projects and solutions. Their effect will be related also to the development of cooperation between entrepreneurs and scientists.
The Center for Innovation and Knowledge Transfer in Agribusiness is acting as a point of information and consultancy in the field of commercialization of research and intellectual property management. The development of the Center for Innovation and Knowledge Transfer in Agribusiness includes:
- The development of the mission, objectives and areas of activity and establishment of working groups
- Development of the strategy for the use of tools for effective action in the field of cooperation between universities and the economy and the management of intellectual property (distribution channels for information - Internet, training, newsletters, portals, advertising);
- A series of training courses for the staff of Warsaw University of Life Sciences;
The project will pursue the following actions:
- Development of IT tools for the promotion of scientific offer of the Warsaw University of Life Sciences,
- Development of the Database with the technology and service offers of Warsaw University of Life Sciences
- Development of the Experts Database of Warsaw University of Life Sciences
- Promotion of the opportunities and benefits of the development of database with technological and service offers and experts database of Warsaw University of Life Sciences;
- The establishment of the Center for Innovation and Knowledge Transfer in Agribusiness which will promote the commercialization of scientific research results,
- Staff training and developing the working tools of the Center for Innovation and Knowledge Transfer in Agribusiness,
- Training for the staff of Center for Innovation and Knowledge Transfer in Agribusiness
- Publication of four issues of Newsletter of Center for Innovation and Knowledge Transfer in Agribusiness
- Creation of the website of Center for Innovation and Knowledge Transfer in Agribusiness
- Development of a logo and visual identity system of Center for Innovation and Knowledge Transfer in Agribusiness
- Preliminary study of the possibility of creating a Cluster of Innovation in Agribusiness acting as a technology park:
- Organization of four business meetings
- Preparation of the expertise about needs of the region of Mazovia to create companies in the area of innovation in agribusiness;